Friday, March 25, 2011

Abusing Open Records to Attack Academic Freedom. McCarthy's tactics in Walker's party.

UW Madison's Professor William Cronon follows up on his NY Times Op-Ed piece. Apparently his questions must've landed too close for Republican comfort, and now they want revenge...

What happens when the Social Conservatives' Big Daddy State becomes abusive?

This.

Abusing Open Records to Attack Academic Freedom
Here’s the headline: the Wisconsin Republican Party has issued an Open Records Law request for access to my emails since January 1 in response to a blog entry I posted on March 15 concerning the role of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) in influencing recent legislation in this state and across the country. I find this a disturbing development, and hope readers will bear with me as I explain the strange circumstances in which I find myself as a result.

No comments: